BEHAVIOURAL COUPLES THERAPY
This is a therapy for couples who are in a committed relationship and have been living together for at least 6 months.Behavioural Couples Therapy (BCT) is an approach that can help people in a relationship with the emotional difficulties that can arise between partners, especially when one or both people are depressed. These sessions focus on improving communication, managing feelings and changing behaviour, solving problems and promoting acceptance, and revising perceptions and expectations. Relationship problems that can be dealt with in BCT include overcoming a previous affair, family difficulties, or those that are having difficulty communicating effectively and making decisions together. This therapy sees you, the couple, as one patient and does not attempt to provide individual therapy for one specific person within your relationship. Much like one-to-one CBT, the couple would need to be able to commit to regular (usually weekly) sessions and to be in a position to engage in a structured, change focused therapy. Research has shown that relationship satisfaction after completion of BCT greatly improves. To speak to someone about Behavioural Couples Therapy, please call our main service telephone number on 0300 123 1156 For more information, please call our self referral line or click here.
Introducing Back OnlineBack on Track have launched an interactive online therapy programme, Back Online - a more flexible and modern way of delivering therapy. The programme consists of various therapeutic modules – all of which can be personalised for you and your needs by your therapist. Back Online is designed to help you access therapy in new and convenient ways that fit around busy lifestyles and the demands of work and home. Modules can be made interactive, with your therapist tracking your progress along the way and offering feedback (guided self-help), or you can complete your modules without guidance (pure self-help). As well as accessing the service online and on smartphones and tablets, you will be able to download an app. The app allows you to record your progress from your smartphone or iPad anywhere and at anytime.
Why try Back Online?
For more information, please call our self referral line or click here.
- It can be just as effective as face to face or telephone therapy
- It’s flexible, and can be completed anywhere and anytime – all you need is an internet connection
- All your information is in one place, so it's easier to keep track of your progress week-by-week
- The modules are accessible to use for up to a year after treatment has started. We want to empower you to be your own therapist.
Is it for you?
- Would you struggle getting to appointments between the hours of 9am-5pm? Back Online offers a more flexible therapy service by allowing you to complete sessions. You can complete tasks in your own home at anytime so long as you have an Internet connection.
- Do you own a computer, iPad, laptop, or smartphone and have regular access to an email account? Back Online requires an email address to set up the account and runs on devices that have an Internet connection.
- The modules we offer are:
> Overcoming Depression > Overcoming Generalised Anxiety > Overcoming Panic > Overcoming OCD > Building Self-Esteem > Overcoming Rumination > Mindfulness > Learning to Relax > Overcoming Work Stress
What happens now?If you are interested in our online therapy programme, please call us on 0300 123 1156.
For more information on any of our groups or workshops, please call our self referral line. 0300 123 1156